Tuesday 6 March 2012

Following a disagreement

Following a disagreement with my landlords (who also live in the flat, a married couple) today I was asked to move out at the end of the month. I have also been told that I am not allowed a receipt for the deposit I gave them, not very happy about that! So what has prompted all of this?

Things were going ok in the flat before Christmas, I didn't see or speak to them much but it wasn't too bad. After coming back from Christmas hols I was told that I am no longer allowed to use the living room, not that I used it much any way, but cheeky considering I'm paying rent. She is very controlling, tells me when I can and can't put the hot water on, where I can put my shower stuff etc., so this on top of the living room thing made being at home, awkward and unrelaxing.

Recently I had my partner up for just over a week, I asked permission first and gave them the dates, they said it was fine. He came and went. Tonight I am having a friend over for two nights. I forgot to say something to them so told them last night to which I was told there will be a charge of £20 a night. Obviously this caused some disagreement. Today I went to give her the money \she asked for and ask for a receipt that I never got for my deposit and was told no and that I have to move out! Bugger!

I almost have a place lined up, so hopefully it won't be a big deal, just can't believe \the way I have been treated. Am sure it will all work out in the end!


1 comment:

  1. They are totally out of order & aren't really prepared to share their home with a tenant. I say best thing to have happened, get out as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete