Friday 21 October 2011

My first week in London

My first working week in London has flown by! Work is going well, I have learnt to take ECG's, blood pressures, measure BMI's, take temperatures, read a million company policy's and regulations. So as you can tell I have been busy busy learning things at work.

I have been finishing work at about 4 every day, then going straight home and crashing out. But on Wednesday I decided to take a walk. I turned right from my building and walked straight across London Bridge. I then turned left and just walked, all of a sudden, I was at St Paul's cathedral! I have never been that close to St Paul's and was blown away by how beautiful it was. I also got to see all the people camped out protesting about capaltism or something ( I'm not 100% what they are doing), seems like a waste of time if you ask me but hey ho.

 From there I carried on walking down the road towards the famous Fleet street (not that everything in London isn't famous for something as I have very quickly realised). Again I carried on walking until I got bored of that direction, so turned down a asumingly random road to end up along the Thames, just 10 minuets up from Monument bridge! I then walked across Monument bridge, had a gander at the London Eye before taking a stroll towards Waterloo station and home.

I soon realised that Waterloo station is actually only 20 minuets or so from where I work at London bridge, so I defiantly took the long route round, but got to see some amazing views and some bits of "real" London. Here is a picture I took looking across the Thames


Tonight is Friday night, last working day of the week, so what did I do? I obviously did the cool thing and went for a drink in Soho! I had a gorgeous glass of wine in a (well outside) a pub followed by a really nice (and surprisingly cheap) dinner in a seafood restaurant. The rest of the evening I am spending crashed out on the sofa watching An Idiot Abroad 2.

The weekend... I think we are going to check out Camden market, Sunday is a given, seeing as I'm living with three Kiwi's at the moment, the rugby world cup final!

So all in all my first working week in London has been a big success, bring on the next one please!

No comments:

Post a Comment