Monday 17 October 2011

So here I am!

Here I am, sat in a flat in London after completing my first day at my new job! The move up yesterday went pretty smoothly (with the exception of initially  pulling up outside the wrong flat).

I made it to work without getting lost (hooray), my day started with a comprehensive tour of the building, wards and numerous other facilities. I met so many people and remember less than half of their names, despite them all seeming to know mine. I've been given a pass and a locker (both of which I have never had at work before), my uniform has been ordered after having tried on a few sizes (still have to take up the trousers though :( ). Started my training with reading an absolute mountain of obligatory documents.

All in all its been a great first day, but despite all of that I feel extremely overwhelmed and home sick (even though its only been one day, sad I know).

 But like dad said, tomorrow can only be better, I now know where the toilets are and can get into them without help (toilets are locked to stop volunteers from using them when they are on urine collection, just thought I had to explain that one!)

So..




2 comments: