Monday 31 October 2011

Up's and Down's

It's been a small while since my last post. My job is going very well, am getting into the stride of things and thoroughly enjoying it, which is amazing :).

 I am however finding the house hunting a bit difficult, people don't respond, aren't there when you have arrange for a viewing or the place just isn't right. I am however being really proactive, searching every day and trying really hard. I have also booked myself a place for a speed flat-mating event on Wednesday which should be great fun, am really looking forward to it.

On Friday I met up with my second cousin for the first time in our adult lives (we apparently used to play together all the time as little girls- sweet). She through her arms around me and gave me a massive hug, which made me feel so good and really at home. We then had a wonderful dinner and didn't stop chatting all evening. It makes me very glad that I am here in London and able to get to know such a lovely person and hopefully make a wonderful friend.

This weekend I went home, (yes I know I've only been here for 2 weeks), it was a very full weekend, seeing family and a few friends as well as my gorgeous partner. I had a lovely weekend, but it made coming back to London very sad, there was a few tears when getting on the coach.

Was back to work today and despite a good (but hectic) day at work I was feeling very rubbish. I very quickly realised that I am feeling extremely  homesick. I miss every one and Plymouth so much. Today London just irritated and frustrated me.

But then I realised that I'm in London and there is so much to do it's untrue. So I booked myself some (really) cheap tickets to see a Ballet - Sleeping Beauty, something I have always wanted to do. Is that something I would have been able to do in Plymouth? Properly not.

There are going to be some down times in the next few months and I will always miss my family and friends, but I'm living in London where there is so much to do and so many things to see, so there will be quite a few up times to balance it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy!

    Just checked the times, we get to London Paddington at 13:45 Saturday, checking into hotel, then concert is 19:30 - 21:30. Train leaves at 17:57 on Sunday. Hopefully somewhere in between we can arrange to meet for coffee / some food.

    Good luck with flat speed dating tonight, speak soon.

    Lew x

    ReplyDelete