Tuesday 11 October 2011

To Do lists

I am a big believer in to do lists, in fact any type of list really, they help to keep me organised and fairly panic free in most aspects of my life.

I have several to do lists for the move to London:

To Do 1

  • Find some where to live/stay
  • Sort out physio re-referral
  • Change address for contacts
  • Work out a budget
  • Find out how Oyster cards work 
  • Make nail appointment (to remove the shellac nails I currently am wearing)
  • Hand in notice
  • Sort out gym
  • Pack
  • Sort out banks
  • Buy toiletries
  • Sort out laptop
  • Replace Mum's conditioner 
  • Cards
  • Order skype head set
  • Catch up with friends
I worked through this list, ticking a large portion off to only then realise that there was a whole bunch of other stuff I had to do to

To Do 2

  • Find out monthly & weekly tube ticket prices
  • Find out work start times
  • Figure out how to get to work
  • Find out what zone I'm in
  • Find own house
  • Order Oyster card
  • Contacts 
  • Decide on and buy tube pass
  • Protect Oyster card
  • Register at GP's 
Working through this second list I quickly realised that most of the things on it can only be done whilst I'm in London. Which is great, it means I am as prepared as I can be atm, right?

Then why do I feel so unprepared?

I am currently sat in my parents bed at home, (looking after the house, dog and brother whilst they are away enjoying a few days to them selves) looking at all my lists and going over them and I am quiet frankly terrified!

After taking a break and reading through this again, I've just come to realise that actually, I have achieved a lot in such a short space of time (go me), well not just me, I've had a massive amount of support from my family and friends. So for that I thank you!

There are going to be things that aren't going to be done by the time it comes to leaving and that's OK! I am just going to go with the flow and try to enjoy every minuet of it, completed To Do list or not!

3 comments:

  1. If I don't manage to see you before you go - have a great time and enjoy it, London is a great place to work when you're young if you take the time to appreciate the good things it has to offer. Well done you! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, I normally chat with your Mum and she has posted about your new blog. Best on luck on your move to London. I only lived in town for a short period of time but ti was great at your sort of age. I now live about a 20 min train journey out and that is perfect.

    I also love my lists!

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound as if you are getting organised and I hope you enjoy yourself when you get there. The world is yours..........

    ReplyDelete